Tuesday, August 12, 2008

El Camino de Santiago

Hiking up windy roads in the heat was the theme of this weekend´s Isla Excursion. The bus driver had no poroblem letting the Isla lot go for many walks that could have been shortened or avoided. I´m a walker and I generally don´t mind lots of walking, but this was ridiculous! But anyhow, I got to see some beautiful views of a canyon bordering Spain and Portugal. The promised kyaking was a it dull because they gave us kyaks to simply roam around in in still water. No rapids, no guide spicing things up. Just me and my kyak wading around in the polluted and unswimmable water. The company was fantastic however and I greatly enyoyed an intense paddle ball game with a Croatian. The directors where very caring and provided an impressionable variety of food and drink, including freshly home-made Sangria. When we finally got to swim, it was in a fantastic and special place: a lake within mountains which I swam across to sunbathe in Portugal. All in all, it was a successful trip, and I was suficiently worn out afterwards.

No comments: